Winter Fly Fishing
The Midway Adventure Company is proud to offer fly fishing trips on one of the Rocky Mountains top ten trout streams: The Provo River. Regarded as a blue ribbon fishery and nestled in the breathtaking Kamas and Heber Valleys, the Provo offers fly fishermen of all abilities opportunities to catch rainbow and brown trout averaging 17 inches! The Provo boasts sections of river with 7,500 fish per mile, and because of the controlled temperature and flow from the two reservoirs (The Jordanelle and Deer Creek) the aquatic food supply is abundant with daily surface hatches nearly year round. Our guides are friendly, professional, experienced and most importantly, passionate about fly fishing. Whether you are an experienced fisherman looking to learn the best hot spots on the Provo River or looking to learn the tricks of the trade, Midway Adventure Company will offer the best experience around.
Your trip will begin at Midway Adventure Company where you will meet your guide and be fit for all necessary wading and fishing equipment necessary for a comfortable and successful outing. You will then board the shuttles which will take you through towering canyons to the best fly fishing sections of the Provo River. You will spend the afternoon with your guide learning what it takes to catch some of the biggest fish in Northern Utah. A snack will be provided for half day trips, and a box lunch for full day.
After you have caught your fare share of fish for the day, your shuttle will be waiting to take you back through the winding scenic canyon to Midway Adventure Company.
- Fishing license (purchase before hand)
- Swimsuit (or clothing you can get wet)
- Sunscreen lip balm
- Sunglasses with safety strap
- Hat with visor for sun protection
- Camera- note: We do not recommend large/ expensive Camera’s
- Cash for gratuities. Your guides will make every effort to see that each of your adventures is enjoyable and successful. Gratuities for guides are appropriate, greatly appreciated and at your discretion, as a gesture of thanks for each activity will likely differ, you’ll want to take some cash on each of the trips. The common practice is to give the gratuity to the guide at the end of the trip. In trips where multiple guides have participated, the gratuity will be split amongst all of them.
Other Items for Cold Weather Fishing
- Fingerless Gloves
- Fleece jackets and pants
- Insulated hats such as fleece or wool
- Insulated heavier weight socks
- Bootfoot waders
- Synthetic long underwear for use under waders
Photo Gallery Coming Soon
Thing you need to get before your trip will be a fishing license. ( you must have this) you can call us to find out locations to buy one or follow the link below to get one on line that you can print at home.
Physical Requirements Our primary concern is participant safety. The nature of an outdoor adventure involves some physical exertion and also possible exposure to weather conditions that can fluctuate greatly due to heat, sun, wind, or rain. Although we do have experience accommodating persons with a wide range of physical challenges, disabilities, or medical and health conditions, we have found that in some people the fact of age, weight, lack of conditioning, heart or other disease, can create additional hardship that diminishes the suitability or enjoyment of this type of vacation. Please consider these conditions in making your choice of adventures. Please check with your physician prior to your trip if you have any medical or health condition or if you are taking any medications, and then notify us of how we can better help you with these conditions. In general, participants will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Ability to stand and use a fly rod for extended amount of time
- Enough agility to with stand river currents
- Ability to navigate uneven terrain getting to and from the river
Our principle objective is for you and your fellow guests to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. If you are concerned about any of these requirements, please call our friendly staff to further discuss which trip is right for you. Our Acknowledgement of Risk Form will more fully describe some of the inherent risks involved in these activities. We look forward to having you join us on the adventure of a lifetime.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELATION POLICIES
Please notify us by phone at (435)657-2008 if you need to cancel or reschedule. Refund amounts vary according to the cancellation time frame. See the following list for details:
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of departure.
- Cancellations prior to 48 hours before departure subject to $10 per person fee.
Full payment is required at the time of reservation. Listed prices do not include applicable sales tax, fees or guide gratuities.
GRATUITIES our guides will make every effort to see that each of your adventures is enjoyable and successful. Gratuities for guides are appropriate, greatly appreciated and at your discretion, as a gesture of thanks for their professionalism and service. As guides for each activity will likely differ, you’ll want to take some cash on each of the trips. A suggested guideline is 15%. The common practice is to give the gratuity to the guide at the end of the trip. In trips where multiple guides have participated, the gratuity will be split amongst all of them.
Fly Fishing runs year round, winter trips are subject to change due to unsafe weather conditions
TWO HOUR TRIP